Most people have written to me about their inabilities to access their Hotmail inbox due to Hotmail Password login problem. In this article, I will show you the simple workaround that will help you solve your Hotmail sign in issues once and for all using Hotmail password reset. This information will help you get back your account as quickly as possible Firstly, if your access to your hotmail account is denied you, I will want you to check very well if
- You can remember your password, then if you can and you are very sure that that is your password, then
- Try to see if the Caps lock on your system is on,
- Check if you combined capital letter and small letters in your password when you were setting up your account; Passwords are case sensitive.
- Check if your username and password are spelt correctly.
After carrying out the above and you still notice that you can’t login to your hotmail account, then it is time to do password reset.
How to reset Hotmail password | Password Reset
When you carry out password reset, it means you want to change up your old password for another. This will need you to have some information you provided when you were setting up your hotmail account; security question, alternative email or mobile number you entered when did your hotmail sign up. So to complete your hotmail password reset;
- Click on this link here:Reset your password.
- A page will open asking with the following options; “Why can’t you sign in? I forgot my password, I know my password, but can’t sign in, I think someone else is using my Microsoft account.” From the list of options, choose the reason for password reset, after which you click Next.
- A Recover your account page will be opened, Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
- Then remember to enter the security code displayed to ensure you are not a robot, and then click Next. Note that you can decide to use phone number by clicking phone number option.
- For those that entered security info to their account when signing up, hotmail will send you a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address which you entered on signing up Hotmail account. When you get this code and enter it in the space provided, you’ll now be able to change to a new password.
In case the issue still continues, try to know; if you can’t get a security code or if for any reason your account was temporarily blocked, or maybe you turned on your two-step verification. If it doesn’t work, click here to chat with Microsoft support centre representatives. Hope this helped?